Monday, February 23, 2015

2015--Year of Change "ME"

     HAPPY NEW YEAR, MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS, BELATED VALENTINES DAY ETC....So I haven't gotten around to blog, get back with you guys, read people's post on Kat's Rock Block and such, but I want to assure everyone, I'm STILL ALIVE & DO STILL PLAN ON Going out to shows and events around San Antonio, TX.



     I have however (if anyone hasn't noticed yet), moved back to San Antonio (Officially) January 2015 with a little help from my Fiancée, Stephen (YES!! engaged since October 2014), and my BFF, Laura. My job & position that I hold right now is VERY important. I wanted to share with you guys & gals in the San Antonio Area what I do. 




     I am a Child Care Provider at The Children Shelter. During my training, shadowing, and working there, I have become aware what's being going on outside of my own life. Neglected and abused children that either don't have food, clothing, shelter, or watched from there parents or guardians. I see these kids and babies (yes babies!), and all they need is loving, care, someone to play with, talk, and to be nurtured. I don't know these kids/babies situations, but only they have been neglected or abused in some nature. 


     I noticed that these kids don't have music (other than radio/Cd's) instruments to possibly get there minds off of whatever trauma they have seen in there life, which made me think what can I do or what do I want to do with my life? Yes, continue school, teach again privately, but what can I give back to these kiddos?? So I started to do some research, Music Therapy was what popped up with some of the thoughts I had in my brain. So I saw that UIW (University of Incarnate Word) has a Bachelors Degree Program with that program that will go with what I'm doing as in work PLUS with me having the music abilities from all of the training from past and present. I want to start planning things at the shelter to teach some of the kids some things and finding things to educate them and to sooth them with music. 


I would like to ask everyone for patience if I don't reply fast enough or get back to you, but I assure you all, that I will be in TOUCH! My Goals right now is working on me, going back to school, and to get things going with blogger/facebook/checking out shows etc....



IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP The Children's Shelter, Follow these Links!: 


DONATE TO THE SHELTER (LIST OF ITEMS)

VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
FOSTER OR ADOPTIVE FAMILY
CHILDREN'S SHELTER Thrift Boutique
SPECIAL EVENTS
CAREERS

No comments:

Post a Comment