Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stahl Gorthorl Live at Bonds 007 Rock Bar Friday, May 2nd 2014

I was very excited, and intrigued, of what I was going to be experiencing at Bonds 007 Rock Bar . I knew personally Anthony, from a previous band, and how this project has come from a short amount of time to what it is now. I checked out the Demo prior to the show and as well had a one on one interview with the guys of "Stahl Gorthorl


So I introduced myself and asked the young talented men:

K: "I noticed that you guys have a new member from what Reverbnation states on the band's page." 

Anthony: Yes we do but he just joined and is in the process of becoming apart of us slowly. 

K: "Well, I hope to meet him at the next show!" 

K: "What is everyone's age first off? And introduce yourselves" 
Anthony: 15, Drummer & Lead Singer:

Chris: Guitarist, Singer 


Rob: 14, Bass Guitar:



K: What's the gear you like or play with? 
Anthony: Evans, Zildjian
Chris: Ibanez, ESP-LTD, Custom(ed) guitars
Rob: Ibanez, Les Paul, Hartke


K: "What is considered 'Black Metal' to you guys?"
Chris: Freedom of expression 
Anthony: The way of life, it's an art form, heart to the core.

K: "So can you tell me about the make-up you guys use for the performance?"
Chris: This is what my real self is, myself. 
Anthony: Myself, What I am in the inside, hatred that represents self. 

K: "How did you guys form?"
Chris: I just moved here and looked on Craigslist and found a post that[Anthony] posted seeking a guitarist. Then a few weeks later, auditioned and was let in. 

K: "What does 'Stahl Gorthorl' mean? I know a bit of German, and I knew that 'Stahl' means, 'Steel' but not too sure about the 'Gorthorl' Part." 
All: Overall, it means, Killing Black Metal, Murdering. 

K: "What drew you guys together?" 
All: A Friend of Chris didn't working out and Anthony took over and Rob decided to play and them "ONE" 

K: "Who writes the songs? Lyrics?" 
Chris & Anthony: Chris writes most of it and Anthony puts together, lyrics duties. 

K: "What are you guys' influences?" 
Anthony: King Diamond, Sargeist, Darkthrone 

K: "Would you guys' change genres? Why or Why not?" 
 Chris: Yes but No, we all have a side project but we do what we do on our own, and do what we can. Go for the best opportunity. 

K: " 'Swamps of Eden' has a very fast pace sound that the other songs on the EP has, meaning its very hard and crazier sounds, why do the other songs have more of a slow to fast back to slow pace?" 
Chris: I was in an angry place and I believe that's why the song is very fast paced than the other songs. 
Anthony: I was at a dark point in my life which brought darkness empowers through my heart to play this song, compared to the others. 

K: So what are the backgrounds of where your ancestry came from to form the names that you have for the band? 
Anthony: German Roots
Chris: Italian Roots 

Rob: Eskimo Roots

K: WOW! That's insane! Goes to show that everyone is from a different background and yet have the same love and passion for 'Black Metal'. I'm happy that you guys let me have an opportunity to talk and get some photos of you guys playing. THANK YOU! 


***NEXT SHOW FOR THESE GUYS WILL BE: MAY 24th at Fitzgeralds Bar TBA time and showcase SOOOO:
Here is a few links of how to book, check out the bands pages and to contact them: 
Stahl Gorthorl -FACEBOOK
Stahl Gorthorl-Reverbnation, Which are #2 In the Metal/Black Charts!!

[End]

Thank you Javier Limon for taking the photos! YOU ROCK! \m/

-Kat (Kat's Rock Block) \m/


Here is a few photos from the show! ENJOY! 









1 comment:

  1. Thanks again Kat it means a lot to us. Thank you to Javier Limon for the pic.

    ReplyDelete